Monday, February 25, 2013

Guy Fieri Tri-Tip Roast w/ Macaroni and Cheese

Again, sorry for being late with this one, if only by a day.

Last night was another "What's in the fridge" night. So we had picked up a Tri-Tip roast from Costco the other day, and last night finally got around to cooking it.
I tried cooking it per the directions on the bag, by using a grill pan, but that didn't cook the interior, so after about 25 minutes, I put it in a 350F oven, for about 20 minutes. 
While I was waiting around for the roast to cook, I made some Kirkland Macaroni and Cheese, per the box's directions. I didn't have milk, however, so I just used Half and Half.



After pulling the roast out of the oven, I let it rest for a couple of minutes, and then I cut it into thin slices, against the grain.



After which, I plated with the Mac and Cheese, and served.
Frankly, the Mac and Cheese was better than the roast. The roast was kinda meh; it didn't really have very much flavor to it, even tho it came in a bag of some sort of "marinade" type substance.

Would I get the roast again? No.








No comments:

Post a Comment