Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spaghetti Aglio E Olio w/ Shrimp

I saw this recipe on food network the other day, and it looked really good. I made it last night following the recipe on foodnetwork.com, while changing it slightly.

I boiled a pound of spaghetti for approximately 5 minutes, after salting the water liberally. Meanwhile, I heated about 1/3 cup of olive oil over medium heat in a 12 inch stainless steel saute pan, while I peeled 8 cloves of garlic, and sliced them all thinly. By then the spaghetti was done, so I took about 1 1/2 cups of the cooking water, and put it off to the side. when that was done, I poured the spaghetti into a colander and turned my attention back to the sauce. The garlic was golden around the edges by that point, so I then added red pepper flake, and after about 30 seconds, poured in the water. At this point I also added in salt and the shrimp, and let it boil for about 5 minutes. While I was waiting for the sauce to finish, I grated a cup of fresh parmesean cheese, and another cup for garnish. once the sauce had reduced by 1/3, I added it to the drained spaghetti, which, by this point, I had returned to its pot. I stirred in the cheese, and served. I garnished with the extra parmesean, and ate.


This turned out REALLY good... Almost the whole pot was gone by the end of dinner.

Would I recommend this recipe? Yes, most definitely, if you like cheesy, shrimpy, slightly spicy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment